Thursday, September 13, 2007

Topics of Interest


For my semester long project I have a couple of “topics of interest.” The one topic I’m most interested in is the way in which people of psychosomatic disorders, specifically depression and/or anti-social disorders, are empowered by the Internet via; blogs, social networking services, and virtual worlds. The angle I would like to work on for this topic is how, those that suffer from depression and/or anti-social disorders might be empowered, by one of the three outlet mentioned, in a way that would allow them to over come their disorder in a non-traditional way. I’m not yet sure which of these three outlets I would like to do yet, but I’m most interested in how virtual worlds might play a role in this area.
Other topics I might be interested in looking into, if the above mentioned doesn’t bare much information are; What E-learning and distance education roles are in overcoming inequities in access to education, What role wikis play in empowering and informing marginalized religions such as pagan and/or spiritualistic beliefs.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Jonathan, these are solid leads and I think will lead you to some nice, orignal writing. I'll be interested to see how the topic develops as you investigate it.